Amy Jade Winehouse was born September 14, 1983 to parents Mitch and Janis Winehouse.
Sadly, on July 23, 2011 Amy passed away in her Camden home aged 27.
Amy was a singer/songwriter whose astounding voice and song writing talent made a huge impact on the music industry.
Amy was hilariously funny and witty, uniquely compelling and simply breathtaking when she sang and performed.
Amy also achieved remarkable milestones during her short life.
These are just a few of those milestones (in no particular order)…
- Wrote and recorded 2 best selling albums
- Started her own Lioness record label
- Brought her own multi million dollar home
- Performed on numerous global stages
- Married and divorced Blake Fielder-Civil
- Designed a signature Fred Perry clothing label
- Signed to Simon Fuller’s 19 management company
- Featured on recordings and stage with other artists
- Won numerous awards including 5 Grammy Awards
- Entered the 2009 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records for – most Grammy Awards won by a British female act
- Nominated for numerous music awards
- Back To Black was declared the second-highest selling album in the world for 2008
- Performed at numerous music festivals
- Clinically diagnosed manic depressive
- Won a scholarship to Sylvia Young’s Theatre School
- Attended the BRIT Performing Arts and Technology School
- Gave countless radio interviews
- Entered rehabilitation for addiction
- Appeared on numerous TV shows
- Created countless music videos
- Sang with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra
- 1 posthumous album released
- 2 posthumous singles recorded
- Amy Winehouse Foundation – a charity named in her honor
- Graced the covers of International magazines
- Learnt and played several musical instruments
- Several publications written about her life and music
- Financially assisted friends and strangers
- Wax figure at Madame Tussards
- Tony Bennett duo Grammy Award 2012
- Named Popworld’s most charitable act
- 2013 Grammy Award nomination for Best Rap Sung Collaboration
- 2013 Brit Award nomination for British Female Solo Artist
- Jewish Museum London holds exhibition – A Family Portrait
- Statue unveiled at the Stables Market in Camden
Can you help?
We believe Amy deserves to be recognised for her positive lifetime achievements, so what other milestones would you add to this list?
Please tell us in either the Facebook or the blog comments section at the end of this page… What would you like to see added to this list of Amy Winehouse Milestones?